Sunday 1 April 2018

Hello!





I thought the best way to start this blog would be by introducing myself!
My name is Sophie, I'm 22 years old from the UK and as you can guess by the title I suffer with various chronic illnesses, the most serious being Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS Type 3), Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome and depression.
I have been quite poorly for the last 7 years although I was a very active child.  I did swimming, ballet, piano, youth theatre, dance- the list goes on! I wanted to try anything and everything! And despite that, I had always felt I couldn't keep up with other children my age. I was always more tired than everyone else, falling asleep a lot earlier and my legs were always "aching." Obviously without realising, these were the signs of  EDS.
Eventually when i was a teenager, I had to leave school early and was unable to walk far without using a wheelchair for nearly 18 months. I missed the most crucial points of a young persons life, and while I am now coping with my illnesses a lot better, I still struggle with my health issues. I wanted to create this blog as a way of raising awareness of these awful conditions, and what it is like to live the life of a 20-something, with an invisible disability.
I am very keen to get involved with some charity work surrounding these illnesses and would like to possibly use this as a platform for some ideas I have planned. Although nothing is definitively set, I am hoping things will start by late 2018 so keep watch!
Sophie

Xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BendyBlogs♿️
Blogger Templates made by pipdig