Thursday 7 June 2018

Campaign Launch!


Hey everyone👋🏼
I know some of you already know what I’m going to say, as I was too excited to wait to announce it on my blog but....
I have been selected to take part in the “Scope for Change” involving the leading disability charity Scope!
It is a programme whereby 15 disabled applicants were chosen to have training on how to campaign for something you are really passionate about, with the support of Scope!
The campaign I have decided to create is #Education4allUK
It’s primary focus is to ensure that all disabled children have an equal access to education in mainstream schools. I hope for this to start off in my local community of South Wales, and then branch it out to the rest of Wales and the UK. I am truly passionate about accessibility in education, and based on my own experiences as well as speaking to other disabled and chronically ill people, more work definitely needs to be done in this area!
We are one of the richest, and successful countries in the world, there is no excuse for barriers to be in place for a child to access education.
I am so thankful for Scope for giving me this opportunity, and to hopefully create a platform where we can introduce a more equal and diverse community within our mainstream schools. I am incredibly grateful that my employer wants to get involved in helping rolling this throughout our local community.
6 months into BendyBlogs, and so much has changed for the better. I want to thank you all for your support and hopefully this will continue to grow.
Much love,
Sophie xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© BendyBlogs♿️
Blogger Templates made by pipdig